Even with the stock boost levels of the Honda Civic Type R, HKS testing shows engine air intake temperature quickly rises over 90 degrees Celcius. Based on years of data gathered during research and development, HKS was able to come up with a product that matches the requirements of the Civic Type R.
- Intercooler core only. Does not come with piping.
- Newly developed 100mm wide core delivers double the volume of the stock intercooler providing outstanding cooling efficiency.
- HKS Core Size in mm: 695x178x100 vs Stock Core Size in mm: 680x143x64
- Installation does not require any serious modification. Only a rubber part that comes in contact with the intercooler requires minor modification.
- OEM Stock side tank parts made of plastic were replaced with a smooth aluminum piping layout to reduce restriction and improve air flow.